Jonathan Twombly is President and Managing Member of Two Bridges Asset Management LLC. Before founding Two Bridges, he was a partner in the real estate investment firm TRB Investment Group LLC. He began his career as a lawyer and spent over a decade practicing in American Lawyer Top 100 firms, where he focused on real estate and hospitality matters.
Mr. Twombly holds a bachelor’s degree from Harvard College and a law degree from Columbia University School of Law. He currently serves as a member of the board of directors of the Harvard Alumni Real Estate Organization, Inc., a non-profit.
Listen to the Podcast Here
In This Episode We Cover:
- Jonathan’s story of growing to 400+ units & selling his entire portfolio
- What made him decide to sell in today’s market
- What he’s focusing on now and what he anticipates for the future
- How he got started and how he established his investment criteria
- Vetting deals against your criteria
- Making offers vs LOI
- Vetting a deal with proper due diligence
- Jonathan’s experience with financing deals and raising capital
- Common mistakes Jonathan sees other investors make when trying to find a 40-100 unit community
Jonathan’s book recommendation: https://www.amazon.com/War-Art-Winning-Creative-Battle/dp/1501260626